ITC is going through complex transformation. The following are
highlights of our view of the main factors and consequences
associated with ICT transformation:
- Rapid pace of technology evolutions associated with equally
fast technology obsolescence associated with unusual amount
of hypes obscuring facts and impairing sound decisions for
network development and implementation.
- New competitive regulatory environment with short-lived
objectives changing dynamically in unanticipated way.
- Changing business models rendering conventional decision
support tools useless for sound strategic decisions.
- Educated, highly sophisticated and ever inquiring customers
with their interests changing frequently and rapidly.
- Emerging challenges to national security.